
These last 6 months of homeschool have been SO MUCH HARDER than I imagined they would be, I was burned out 2 months ago but had to press on. I am officially done for the year as of last Friday - YAY!!! My dad gave my sisters, mom and I a GREAT gift last week and sent us on vacation to Seattle to "make some good memories." We definitely did.
We did all the normal touristy things you would expect: We shopped our cans off, ate soooo much food, saw the sights and ate some more. Now I love to shop, but I had a hard time keeping up with the master, Dion. She has 6 kids and used EVERY moment away to have fun. In total we left 10 kids at home with their dads and NEVER looked back. . . well maybe just for a minute.
We visited the space needle, ate in the restaurant - totally overrated by the way.

We spent half a day at Pike's - by far the highlight for me. It smelled REALLY bad, but I thought it was pretty interesting.
I bought my first pair of tapered leg jeans in 20 years. I must have been living in the moment. Everyone else looked weird, so I thought I could pull it off.
I rode the city bus against my will. It smelled like pee.
Saw the Broadway production of Mary Poppins and ENJOYED it.
This was the longest I have ever left the kids and admit that it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I knew they would have a great time with their dad and do things I wouldn't let them. I am starting to put the pieces together, but I am trying to play it cool. I saw Ali's swimming suit in the bathroom and started to panic . . . Who did she go with . . . why did he let her go . . . was she alone . . . did she almost drown . . . I could go on. They are all alive and happy to see me so I will move on.
I used these apology notes a lot along the way. I think I am hard to travel with because I have so many anxiety issues, and I like to tease and joke too much, but I hope everyone had as much fun as I did.

No comments:
Post a Comment