I love Camp Invent - and secretly my kids love it too. They get to do a ton of cool stuff and meet new kids. My kids always pretend like they don't want to go because it is "nerdy," but end up embracing their nerdiness. Ali came home and told me that after she incorrectly announced that it was Summer, a fellow nerd informed her that according to Benjamin Franklin, it was still Spring. I'm not sure if he just felt better about backing up with facts with big names, but it illustrates my point. She found it annoying, along with any word containing more than 5 letters which she labeled a "nerd word." Bad news Ali, you are a nerd.




#2 - Take them to a nice hotel, spend lots of money on food and gas, then sit back and watch them suffer. I reached way outside my comfort zone this weekend and took the family on a little trip. We spent the weekend in Green River with friends, swimming, 4-wheeling, eating and laughing. I get so nervous with this kind of stuff that we usually don't go, but in the spirit of trying to broaden my kids' horizons, I folded. Ryan & Shauntel got a a great hotel with beautiful views of the river, an AWESOME breakfast, a giant farm to play on, and my first trip to Ray's.


We shot some guns, let the kids get kinda close to the overflowing river, and rode 4 wheelers until we had dirt in every crevasse. Of course my kids focused on the things I WOULDN'T let them do, but it was all part of my plan to ruin their lives.





I am already plotting the next step in my evil plan.

3 comments:
So is Erik, obviously. That bayonette is morbid.
OMG! Claire looks like she is actually having a good time! You'r kids may have complained but they had fun. I'm SO glad you came. Next time we can do something easier, pedicures without kids. Sound good?
Glad you had fun and expanded your boundaries :) What's next? A trip to Powell with the Latimers?!
Post a Comment